IETC has long been recognized as a regional leader in Electrical Safety with our expertise in the following:
- Electrical Safety
- NFPA Arc Flash Hazard Studies
- NFPA Short Circuit and Coordination Studies
- Perform Electrical Safety Audits
- Recommendations for Electrical Safety PPE Equipment
- On-Site Arc Flash Hazard Training of Qualified Personnel
- Arc Flash Hazard Label Application
- Arc Flash hazard Incident Energy Mitigation Studies and Application Design/Build Projects
Safety Training & Certifications
IETC has a long standing commitment to construction, testing safety, employee and facility safety. Safety training and certifications of IETC employees include:
- OSHA Training
- MSHA Parts 46 & 48
- CPR / First Aid / AED
- Medium Voltage Cable Termination and Splice Certification
- Certified Infrared Thermography – Level II and Level III
- AVO Substation Testing Certified
- Arc Flash / NFPA 70E Electrical Safety Training
- Lockout / Tagout Procedures
- Bucket Truck Rescue
- SKM, AutoCAD and Revit Software
In addition, we have regular safety training sessions in electrical construction practices including the following:
- Documented safety meetings and training topics
- Electrical Safety, Arc Flash Training, PPE Training, CPR/First Aid, Fall Protection and Restraint, Lift Training, Power Tool Safety, Confined Space Training, Lockout/Tagout, Hazardous Communication/MSDS, Heat/Cold Stress Safety, Safe Driving Practices, Ladder & Scaffolding Safety, One Call Utility Training, OSHA training, MSHA training, National Electrical Code Training, Fire Protection, etc.
- Issued safety equipment to employees (cones, reflective vests, flammable signs, NEC, Work gloves, arc flash PPE, hard hats, tic tracers, multimeters, lockout/tagout, etc).
- Construction and test technician employees are first aid and CPR certified.
- Random drug and alcohol screenings.
- Testing of high voltage rubber gloves and rubber blankets twice a year.
- Follow NEC, NESC, MSHA and OSHA guidelines
- On-site training per Customer Safety Requirements
- IETC is a MSHA Trained Contractor
- Minimal employee loss of work due to work related injury
- Our written safety policy establishes guidelines to be followed for everyone working at our company.
- The rules IETC has established help employees, guests and customers in the following areas:
• Provide a safe working environment
• Ensure that all employees are trained to protect themselves from all potential and existing hazards.
This plan is intended to implement a program to ensure that all contractor work practices are carried out safely to minimize the possibility of injury or harm to employees and others.
The safety policy establishes uniform requirements designed to ensure that safety orientation; coordination and safety administration practices are communicated to and understood by employees