Energy-Efficiency & Conservation-PA Act 129
Energy Efficiency Rebates-from-Med-Ed
According to the First-Energy web site, energy efficiency programs are recovered through customer rates in accordance with PA Act 129 of 2008. Pennsylvania’s Act 129 requires Pennsylvania’s largest electric distribution companies to develop energy efficiency and conservation plans and adopt methods of reducing electric consumption and peak demand. Act 129 provides Pennsylvania businesses, governments and non-profits opportunities to take energy efficiency and conservation to the next level through incentive programs.
IETC works as an Ally for the Utility to assist customers.
Energy efficiency incentives include the following:
- Lighting – LED lighting and occupancy controls
- Custom Equipment – customer-specific improvement projects and technologies
- Combined Heat & Power (CoGen)
- Industrial Process Upgrades – more energy efficient
- Install Energy Management Systems
- Chiller Upgrades
- Custom Building – system improvements that reduce energy consumption and demand by improving building energy performance
- Facility Audit Incentive Business Program – pre-approval for Program Administrator
In order to qualify for any of the above incentives through their program, equipment must be new and installed AFTER June 1, 2016. Current programs are scheduled to end on May 31, 2021. We help you plan for future system improvements for your facility, before the program expires. Contact us